1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Snow Plow, Spreader & Loan place

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TomsSnowPlowING, Sep 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TomsSnowPlowING

TomsSnowPlowING Senior Member

Hello I am looking for Snow Plow & Spreader Estimates with installation in State of PA & Lower New York. Within 100 miles of zip 15845.
    Also looking for a loan place to get loan for new equipment.
    To fit a 2004 Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L SFI 8cyl Ext Cab

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 Member
    from KY

Loan Place??? Isn't that called a bank?

3. TomsSnowPlowING

Or should I say A Financial place.
    Have a good payment of $165.00 per month for new lawn care equipment. For 3.5 years.
    Paid Cash for my 2004 Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L SFI 8cyl work truck & 2002 Ford Taurus 3.0L EFI DOHC 6cyl family car.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Going to be around 10k for new plow and slide in spreader. Or 6k for a new plow and trailer hitch spreader.

5. TomsSnowPlowING

Did find a Western 8.0 Ft with Installation for $5,889.00 - $1,000.00 trade-in the yellow plow = $4,889.00.
    PRO-PLOW 8,′ 29″, 3/8″ poly, 4, 1, 7, 1 1/2″ x 10″, 6′ 11″, 690 lb, cast iron, 3/8″ x 6″ http://youtu.be/-JmjpWNztHI

Looking for a trailer hitch spreader.

Yellow plow is off a 1991 Chevy Chenneye 4x 4 reg. cab V-6 4.3 L

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Look up sheffield credit

7. grandview

Sheffield was around 12% when they did Lesco stuff. I thought they went out of business because they mainly worked with small business.
    Just looked ,guess they still are in business.Check with your local bank first and see what they can do.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Price check register 5! That seems awfully high for an 8' straight blade... :eek:

I'd never get a loan for a plow, that just defies logic to me. Are you sure you can afford to be in this business? What's going to happen when you lose a trans in the middle of the night? Hit a curb just right an bend the a-frame, etc, etc. Snow plowing is an expensive business to be in, you best have your ducks in a row. I'd find a decent used plow before I ever considered borrowing money for snow equipment. Thumbs Up

9. grandview

I finance a lot of stuff. Cash flow! I'd rather spread it out over 3 years.I usually pay it off early too so the minor interest paid is worth in the long run when you need to go to the bank for the big money loan. This way they have a loan history with you. Banks don't want to hear you paid cash for everything.As you said ,blow a tranny at night in the parking lot:D your going to need cash for that instead. As to saving up ,why? By the time you save up you lost time in learning the business and the price of the equipment will go up more then the interest you would of paid on it.

10. TomsSnowPlowING

Paid cash for 2004 Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L SFI 8cyl Ext Cab That was $22,000.00. 60,000 miles loaded. Yes I could find cheaper That seems awfully high for an 8' straight blade. does not include installation. To put my yellow plow on 2004 Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L SFI 8cyl Ext Cab The plow shop wants $3,000.00 + extra parts if there are so bad parts from yellow plow. MAYBE I SHOULD LOOK FOR PLOWS SHOPS IN NEW YORK THERE IS A BOSS JUST OVER THE STATE LINE IN Salamanca Sales, 705 Wildwood Ave., Salamanca,NY14779

11. lowestnowplowin

lowestnowplowin Junior Member

Hello, There is a place called Hoffman's in St. Marys, PA. 15857. Has a used Western personal 7.5 ft snow plow for sale for $3,500.00 with installation + lights to fit your 2004 Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L SFI 8cyl Ext Cab .

12. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I believe fisher, western & blizzard all have a finance plan, thought it as called Douglas credit or something check their websites