1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Salt spreader- hitch mount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by turbo5560, Feb 10, 2008.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

Looking for a hitch mount salt spreader. Needs to be in good condition. Brand doesn't really matter. Needs to be a complete unit with everything i would need to run it.
    Preferably in Michigan (Grand Rapids Area), but would consider surrounding states.
    Please include pics.

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

3. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

it looks pretty good... couple questions
    1- how old is it
    2-how much did you use it
    3-how much does it hold
    4-everything is 100% usable, don't want to work on anything, just want to hook it up and be able to use it
    5-do you have a picture of the controls
    thanks!

4. PremierLand

from detroit

i'd say 3 or 4 years old.
    not much at all, maybe 1 full season and the rest of the time it was a backup.
    it can hold eaisly 750 pounds.
    it is 100% useable, i will even test it for you and show you before you pay me.
    no picture of the controls, its the standard snowex controller, which is on/off blast and a dial for the spinner speed.

5. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Is that a hitch mount or tailgate mount? Looks like a tailgater to me.

6. PremierLand

from detroit

swing mount, hence the "pivot pro"

7. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

i have a brand new buyers hitch mount, if ur willing to come this way, we could meet somewhere

8. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

sorry... that is too far

9. PremierLand

from detroit

are you interested in mine? its not that far. Heck, i'll even meet you halfway and still prove to you that it works when we meet.

10. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

yes i am very interested, the thing is that i am known for jumping into things too fast so i have to make sure this is what i want. Also, the reason i would get it is because we don't do any salting now and an association asked if we did and i told them that i could. So, if they agree to my pricing, then i would need to buy one.
    At this very moment i don't know if they are going to want me to or not. But, i think that if i do need one we can work something out if we can meet somewhere in the middle.
    I'll be in touch. thanks!

11. PremierLand

from detroit

well ill tell you right now, if you get a few salting accounts this will pay for itself in the first storm or two. If it doesnt, your the only one to blame.

12. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

also... i was looking more into that model and it looks like it doesn't attach to the hitch then... it rests on the bumper and side pockets? How exactly does it mount? i don't want to have to bolt anything on. That is simply why i wanted a hitch mount. Easy on, easy off. let me know

13. PremierLand

from detroit

well this is bolt on, but it is a swing unit so you can get access to the bed. you just bolt the mounts but it is still a swing unit.

14. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i'll keep it in mind... but i really want a hitch mount

15. PremierLand

from detroit

well, I have a hitch mount western 1000 spreader. it is the same as the snowex but a hitchmount and the motor is on the inside instead of the outside.

16. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

what does that look like? i would like to see some pictures

17. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I have a meyer older model spreader. I have an ad on here for it. Just look it up and it has pics of it. It works perfectly fine and I will possibly be coming up to Midland this coming weekend. Not sure yet because it really depends on the weather. But if I do, I could meet you on 23 somewhere.
    Here it is:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=57756

18. PremierLand

from detroit

man they all look pretty much the same, except the different colors, just do a search on google or something.

Instead of going back and fourth on here, just let me know when you want to buy it and/or if you are really interested.

19. zappalawn

zappalawn Member
    from pgh

u can make that pivot pro a hitch mount mine is the same thing but hitch mount

20. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I have a meyers hitch mounted spreader. I bought new in 04 its like new. I live near cleveland. Sorry I dont know how to put pics up on here but I can email them to you if you give me you email address.