1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking For Salt ,NH , Maine, Mass

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Border, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Border

Border Junior Member

Anyone have any leads on bulk salt in these areas ?

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Good luck! These no salt anywhere at least with a reasonable price. My liquid salt supplier has a lead on some around Harrisburg PA but they want 225.00/ton! Thank God for liquid!

3. Border

Border Junior Member

We bought 8 yards last week. 2 , 4 yard loads we picked up. That's all we could find. $140 a yard !

4. terraventure

terraventure Member

There is no salt in the seacoast until the 24th of february when the next ship comes in to portsmouth. There are three salt distributors in Portwmouth. Moron, Granite State Minerals and I don't not the name of the third since I have never purchased from them before. Granite state was about $89/ton picked up.

5. Border

Border Junior Member

Terra, we normally buy in Portsmouth . 80 something is what we have been paying this year. Big difference from 80 a ton to the 140 a yard we paid last week to add to our pile. We were just happy to get it though. Still have a storm or 2 worth of salt left but would like to stick up if we could.

6. lucky921

lucky921 Senior Member
    from dracut

Eastern minerals in Chelsea ma for a ship in this weekend

7. Border

Border Junior Member

Thanks Lucky, did you mean this coming weekend 22,23 or 15,16 ?

8. lucky921

lucky921 Senior Member
    from dracut

It was done off loaded to day the doors on ship were closed saw one crane of loading earlyer this was this morning

9. Border

Border Junior Member

Thanks Lucky, I will call them in the morning.

10. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

eastern wont sell to private contractors

11. Border

Border Junior Member

Found plenty of salt for sale locally in the NH sea coast area today. I am making a new post for those looking with the contact info.

12. nelandscaper

nelandscaper Junior Member

Thought you guys might find this amusing. Local hardware store bought some bulk salt and put it in five gallon buckets and the price is. ..... wait for it. ..... $22.00 a bucket. Ouch. I'm glad I still have a little left.

13. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

Harcross chemicals in Searsport Maine usually has Mtns of it

14. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Around hear there charging $300. per ton. up from $115.

15. lucky921

lucky921 Senior Member
    from dracut

Hi can you message me where I can get salt in NH thanks a lot

16. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

international salt told me at least march 3rd before they would take an order. gallo in worcester or whatever they call themselves now has salt but will not sell to private contractors. no where even has sand/salt mix. All i have found is salt from $200-330 a ton coming from who knows where.