1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for salt in chicagoland area

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by F.P.M., Nov 15, 2008.

1. F.P.M.

F.P.M. Junior Member

im looking for a small amount of salt, around 30-50 tons delivered if possible to the kane county area. if any of you have any to spare or know where we could get some that would be greatly appreciated.
  2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Isn't it a bit late to be looking for 50 tons? I hope you have some in stock already.
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Theres plenty of salt around, you just have to be willing to pay.
  4. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

5. jcos

jcos Junior Member

FPM - try Phil's Topsoil, they might be able to help
  6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Craig's list always has people trying to unload salt !
  7. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Grant and Power just sent me something yesterday in the mail. There out of West Chicago. They have trucks to deliver as well for $8-$15 per ton (probably a semi load).
    50% down the rest on pickup or delivery.
    1-100 $159 a ton picked up
    100-300 $149 picked up
    300 plus $145 picked up

Ask for Scott Hutchings
    I dont know these guys persoanlly but do some work with another company that they have a Partnership with.
    Good luck.
  8. F.P.M.

F.P.M. Junior Member

thanks. this is kind of a last min. thing and i dont have any connections yet so thanks for the help
  9. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

try chemical equipment labs, they quoted me 142 delivered. they got a barge in chi town and are looking to offload a lot.
    And new look it is never to late in the season to get salt. give it a couple mor e weeks and these distributors that go in on the "shortage" will be so desperate to get rid of salt they will be givin it away.