1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for reasonable insurance-any advice?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by thatsnowproblem, Dec 30, 2008.

1. thatsnowproblem

thatsnowproblem Junior Member

Hello - I am new to posting on this site (but I've been reading and observing for a while! Seems like a lot of people know a lot of stuff here! Thanks, because I've learned many things...
    I have 4 years experience in the snow removal/plowing etc. industry. Until this year, I was working for someone else. Now I'm self employed doing other things but ... the snow we've had so far has led me to try to make a little side money with my 4 cycle snowblower. So far, so good ... maybe some day I'll get a plow and really get into it full time (I'm not stupid though ... I know I won't get rich movin' snow around).
    Here's my situation: I recently was asked to consider clearing sidewalks and a small ramp into an underground driveway at a small condo site in town. I put a bid in and now of course they're asking me about insurance. Specifically liability insurance. I'm not opposed to getting it I guess in case I hit a rock with my snowblower and take out a window or something...but I don't want to get soaked! I've been looking on the Internet for quotes but I could be looking for weeks (I have to get this quickly if possible). Does anybody here have any advice for what company or website I could go to for a decent, reasonable rate on insurance for 1 person with a snowblower? THANKS MUCH! I really appreciate any help you can offer!! :)

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you have personal insurance now ,just get a hold of them and ask if they do it or ask them for an insurance broker.

3. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

I would HIGHLY recommend my agent. I have used him for every kind of insurance from home owners, real estate investment, liability, personal, and business. Here is his information. He has always been able to find me the absolute lowest price. I use to shop around while he was getting me quotes, now I just go with him. He will find you a company that will have the lowest rates. 100% Recommended!!!

Joe Hurster
    Weiss Insurance Agency
    683 Trade Center blvd Suite 100
    Chesterfield, MO 63005
    Direct (636) 534-7211

Although he is in Missouri, he should be able to get you insurance for anywhere. I have had him do stuff for me in kansas at times. Tell him Russell Bresnahan told you to call him. I promise you will not find a better deal.

Good Luck

4. nekos

nekos Senior Member

i am assuming you would only need G/L insurance. it shouldn't cost very much. i pay $350 for mine.

American family and Progressive both insure snow plowing / snow removal so i would start there.

5. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Guess I should have said who I use for GL - Travelers Insurance

6. thatsnowproblem

thatsnowproblem Junior Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'll try these and let you know ... lowest quote I've got so far was $427/year.