1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for quick help ? Plow/salting

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MustardSeed 1, Oct 12, 2009.

1. MustardSeed 1

MustardSeed 1 Junior Member
    from newyork

Hey guys. I have been residential w/exception of one small hair salon. Have oppertunity to do 3 vet hospitols with small frt/back lots on each.20k sq. ft I think push rates will be around 2@65$ and one larger @80.00 But they will also need salting. I have a line on a swing away western t/g spreader. But the salting part of the bid has me worried. If you just come to salt - maybe 4 bags 80# - per visit . then what if you plow and feel salt should go down,add the two plow + salt amount ? Salt quote -figure my time to drive the route + salt and x 75$ an hr ?? would take me about 1-1.5 to do the 3 salting I think .
    1" trigger . Just got the oppertunity and I here they have bids and are making a decition This week ! yikes ... I do there summer property mowing and gardening already . Great customers - oppertunity to do more for them ! thanks !!

2. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

go for it, what can you lose?