1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for pros and cons of fischer vs curtis vs blizzard.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by masterglass, Dec 5, 2005.

1. masterglass

masterglass Junior Member

Lokking for advice in purchasing a plow for a F-250 superduty. what brand is best for this truck?

2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

They are all the best for your truck. The question is which dealer is closest to your home and who will give you the better price. When pricing make sure to get the installed price and ask if tax is included in the price.

What are you targeting? Res/Com? What size blade do you want?

3. PPP

PPP Member

First let me say Welcome to the Forum. You can search extensively on the subject and the answer is always which ever is available in your area and gives you the best service. Given that you live in Ma as I do, you can pick up Fisher parts just about on every corner. As for Curtis you will find mixed reviews and they are a Local company to NE, but the dealership network is still in its growth mode. I personally have a new 2005 F-250 and I just ordered a Plow for it. And of all places to get the best price, my local GMC truck dealer was cheaper then any other Fisher plow dealer in Eastern Ma and RI. This was a surprise to me. They came in about $600 less installed. The local Curtis dealer was not that far off either, but I wanted a known name that I can easily get parts. Best of Luck!!

4. masterglass

masterglass Junior Member

not plowing commercially, just the business lot and the the lot where i live. Neither one is that big.

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

If not commercially then the cheapest blade you can get. If its just 2 small lots for your own use buy what ever. I'd probably say a regular duty 7.5' western would be a good choice for your use but really any regular duty(not the comercial grade or HD blade, but the middle grade or regular duty plow line) would work fine. Buy based on what is cheapest, has a dealer you like to deal with and what mount set up you like the best. Blizzard mounts are kinda goofy IMO and I prefer the western and fisher when the plow is off the vehicle. But for my comercial type use thats not what I buy based on but for you its a consideration......

6. reformedlandscaper

reformedlandscaper Junior Member
    from 02048

I always ran Fisher when I was in the business (started in 1983, Fisher Speedcast) and always had good luck (except for a first Gen 10" PA plow for a Kodiak in '94). They are very strong.

I bought a truck a few years ago used (99F250 7.3 6 speed) with a Curtis 3000. It has been good as well. It is easier to take on and off than the Fisher and I like the fact that you can flip the cutting edge as its bolt holes are in the middle. It also has a good attack angle.

I never had a Blizzard but from the examples that I have it appears to be a nice setup.

I don't think you will go wrong either way! Look for strong dealer suppport and a good installed price.

Good Luck