1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for pricing on GREEN salt in NW IN

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by got-h2o, Sep 26, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

As it states. Hard to say amounts yet, but probably a couple semi loads to start and 3-4 tons plus per event.......its going to depend on accounts and what type of storage I can secure for bulk.

I just want a rough price per ton delivered depending on amount, and pricing per ton picked up or delivered in 1-4 ton increments.

This may also have potential for securing about 100 tons total with another company I know looking as well, but please don't feel you have to base my pricing on that possibility.

Just looking for options, please feel free to PM rather than posting in an open forum.

Thanks in advance!

2. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Define "green". As in color? Treated? Or, as in "environmentally friendly"?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Oh yeah.....yep...color. It's treated. Around here it's actually pretty well known ;) The stuff activates extremely well, and can get wet without hardening.

There's green, purple, blue, std white......... We prefer the green.

4. Call heidi frick

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya that's who we get it from currently

6. Westhardt Corp.

The only green treated product I know of is Cargill's ClearLane, which is simply liquid mag on halite. It's OK, but IMO there are better products for comparable prices, IMHO. Getting small quantities of treated bulk will be difficult, as the terminals are 10 ton minimum, and very few yards stock it in bulk. IDK where you're located, but I do have a partner yard coming together this season in Chicago Heights, if that helps. And they will be stocking treated bulk--probably Central's Slicer product, which is purple. For this season, it will be sold per yard via Bobcat. If it goes well, we may invest in scales down the road--baby steps, though.

As far as delivered quoting, PM me your address and I can shoot something over to you. Whether or not it's competitive IDK--we don't do much into Indiana, but it's not a problem to do it. Just might not be competitive, as I don't know where you terminals are there. Our products would come from Chicago or Lemont, depending on which product you want.

LMK!

7. Yea that works great. I remember you talking about that yard last year. Let me know how much you want out of there

8. Westhardt Corp.

OK, I'll let you know just as soon as we get the details ironed out. Still getting our final costs together...ugh.

9. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart

Have you ever tried Thaw Rox?

10. Westhardt Corp.

Isn't that North American's Beet Juice-treated product?

11. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart

Half right. North American "Ice Ban" treated salt

12. Westhardt Corp.

10-4, thank you.

:D