1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for power angle plow FWD

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by john mc, Jan 4, 2009.

1. john mc

john mc Member

Here is a pic of my FWD I am desperately looking for a power angle plow 11 ft or 12 foot
    I would like a everest butterfly or a butterfly type please pm me with what you have
    within 200 miles of Boston MASS.
    Thank you in advance john m

102_1452.jpg

102_1453.jpg

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Have you tried...

Down in my old stomping grounds....Have you tried Steve McLean in Limerick ME?
    Which pit are you out of?
    Nice Looking FWD....Always liked the shape of the Cabs on those...

3. john mc

john mc Member

if all else fails i would go there . I would like to go th a place called foots but i need a ph number . I am out of a haverhill ma, pit

4. Oshkosh

Blade...

Haverhill, I scraped plenty of pack(Belly blade) up that way on 495 for that pit....I was out of Pine St. Manchester(Bye the Sea) lol..
    The Foot has/had a yard on RT1 Foxboro and his main place I think is either Plainville or Walpole....I will try and find you a number...
    I do have some contacts out in NY state if you don't find one closer ...
    Do you know Howard Rogers? Have you talked with him?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

somewhere locally someone is selling the same truck as that with a powerangle plow on it. idk if it would be worth giving them a call and seeing if they will seperate it. If you want there # i will give it to ya.

7. john mc

john mc Member

was it a blue fwd? on e bay?

8. Oshkosh

You are looking for...

You are looking for this style correct?

EverestRHS_But2.jpg

9. Oshkosh

I think this is right...

The Foot, car and truck parts
    (508) 384-2415
    15 Lincoln Rd
    Norfolk, MA

10. john mc

john mc Member

yes that is the one. I also like the one with the bottom trip board trips I will be calling him in the morning Thanks so much
    john

11. KCB

KCB Senior Member

That thing looks toughwesport

12. Oshkosh

I know....

Hi John,
    The majority of that style plow I have seen second hand have been the full trip blades...Makes it interesting when they shoot the truck across a lane.lol "Warsau"(sp) used to make a bunch of them and since others have followed (Root,Everest etc...)....
    What does your FWD have for power? Cummins,Detroit? Standard, auto? Is it an 80's or am I way off?
    Best of luck in your search.Let me know how you make out I may have some other ideas...

13. Oshkosh

Update...

H.P Fairfield lists a second hand Everest looks like a bottom trip in nice shape for $5,500- Thats probably a couple grand off the price of new....I'll try and attach a photo..

10400_1.jpg

14. john mc

john mc Member

It is a 1983 RB44 cummings 290 with 3 stage jake 5 speed with low range lockers ft and rear .
    i don't like it when the plow trips and shoots you in to oncoming traffic scary .
    I would like to put a oshkosh heated windshield in to it. I was told you can get one for a P series I just need the window de mentions do you have a p series?

15. Oshkosh

Not any more..

Sold all my iron back in 2001...
    I did have a big P series (54,000gvw), it is still plowing out of the Pine St pit..I didn't have heated glass.
    The only trucks I was aware of with heated glass where the newer style Walters.. If Oshkosh had heated glass I wish I had it...lol I did have good heat...

16. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

That is the correct phone number for the foot, he just doesn't like answering the phone, so keep calling!

17. john mc

john mc Member

what do you guys think for a 11' everest poly blade It would be a 5 hr drive but i think its a good deal

93764372_2thumb_550x410.jpg

93764372_1thumb_550x410.jpg

18. greenred

greenred Member

That is one awesome looking truck in the OP

19. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Little far away but Altrux in Herkimer, N.Y. Right off the Thruway. Goggle them, I would have # & address but cannot locate it right now. Sweet looking FWD though!