1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Plow shoes with 3/4" shaft

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by danstime, Mar 2, 2013.

1. danstime

danstime Junior Member

I have a 1985 Sno-way snowplow and it has Plow shoes with a shaft that is 3/4" in diameter. I need two replacement shoes, but I am having a difficult time finding the smaller 3/4" size. I would prefer to run the blade with shoes on.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement shoes at a reasonable price (about $25 each) ? In my searching I see most shoes have a 1" shaft.

If I can't get the 3/4 inch shaft shoes, the other thoughts I had were:
    to grind the 1" shaft down to 3/4" or
    to drill the bracket holes bigger to one inch.
    I don't know if those ideas can even be done. But, then the 1" shaft shoes would fit.
  2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I'd cut the old brackets off and weld on some 1" ID tube. Then you'd have all kinds of choices.
  3. Rich King

Rich King Junior Member

SNO WAY - 3/4 inch shaft plow shoes

Dan.... Im currently in the same problem.... I just finished up a SNO-WAY plow for my jeep wrangler and come to find out I have 3/4 inch shaft provisions on my plow but like you faced with the problem of finding 3/4 inch plow shoes... Did you locate a source?

Let me know....

Rich King
    Boonton, NJ
  4. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I will check my warehouse and see if I still have any left. Back in the day-1st thing I pulled off. You can have a set if you pay shipping. I will check today and weight them, won't be cheap shipping I'd guess. But cheaper than the dealer!
  5. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Found 2 pairs. 1 with the bolt on brackets, both measure more than 3/4" more like 5/8". May be a newer plow. Do you have bolt on brackets? If so, take the ones with brackets. I am guessing UPS is 60/70$. Would need your zip code to figure rates. Let me know.
  6. Rich King

Rich King Junior Member

Sorry that you didnt leave your name.... Anyway... I have the original brackets and the hole size on these are .800 (Just a wee bit bigger than 3/4) I really think that the 3/4 shafts are the correct ones.... I have removed all of the damage to my brackets and all spindle holes are .800.... The skates with the 5/8 shafts I personally think that these would probably be loose and wobbly in my brackets...

I do have a guy on my end that is also looking at his warehouse to see if he has anything available.

My Address
    Rich King
    11 North Main Street
    Boonton, NJ.

I tried to post a photo of my brackets but the site kicked it back.. Going to try a different method..

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  7. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Sorry about the error on my above post-I meant 7/8". It was a long week! Maybe Basher will pop in. I think my plow is 2002 24d, that these shoes came off of. A lot of years ago. I not sure why I have even kept them. I give every thing else metal to a scrapper to recycle.
  8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

I may have a set at my shop. I can measure tomorrow.