1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Plow in eastern MA

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Oct 26, 2011.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I've been looking for awhile, but can't seem to find a dang plow. Anyone hears of anything in the North Shore area please let me know. Would like a 8.5-9 HD or X blade MM2. Off truck only. I'm on craigslist every day checking. Thanks, Nick.

2. NWanner

NWanner Member

Have you tried spreading out your search to western ma, new hampshire, and maine? You might have to travel a little bit, but I'm still finding a lot of stuff out there.

3. mg1826

mg1826 Member

Try calling Brian 978-412-9008. He is in Ipswich and deals used Fisher plows that are in excellent condition.

4. NWanner

NWanner Member

I also know a good shop in Fitchburg, but that may be outside of your travel area.

5. oldmankent

I look for his stuff on craigslist. Should have bought one of his plows earlier in the summer but had just started looking. I thought his prices were way high. I still think all used Fisher stuff is way high, but he's right along with the rest of them. I do look in Maine and New Hampshire, but I'm too busy to take a day to get a plow. How about that guy up in Auburn ME? Anyone know anything about him?

6. oldmankent

What's their name?

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

8. NWanner

NWanner Member

Advanced Truck Accessories
    691 Ashburnham Street
    Fitchburg‎ MA‎ 01420-2745

Steve is the main guy there.

9. bdavis

bdavis Member

My prices are very reasonable actually....just sold yesterday a 2009 8' mm2 with new lights, cutting edge and a oem foil for $2600. If thats unreasonable then you should be at home depot pricing the SNOW DAWG'S. I just got 2 more in today. Both 8' Fisher MM2 for about the same price.

The guy in Maine is Mike. He has a huge inventory and is a great guy.

Brian (Ipswich)

P>S> MG1826...thanks for the referral

10. I had my 8.5 MM1 on CL all summer for $1100. Nothing but lowball offers via email. Sold it in Sept for my asking price to someone who heard about it hearsay.....go figure.

11. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

My friend just sold 4 plows this past week. 2 8ft blades for 1850 (2008) and 1650 (2006). A 9x for 2500 (2008) and a forget how much for the other 9ft mm2. They were listed on craigslist.

12. oldmankent

13. oldmankent

I'm not saying your prices are unreasonable. I just thought everyones were when I started looking. I'm coming around now. I might have to call you about one of those 8.5' V's. Thanks, Nick.

14. chevyzrule810

Brian if you know of anyone in need of a setup for a 2010 F350 let me know I have one I need to sell. Also the guys from ma/nh if you know of anyone that needs a plow repainted send them my way working on 2 now and more coming in after these are done.I have a post on craigslist. I'll send business your way if I know of anyone who needs a plow.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  15. bdavis

bdavis Member

What do you have for the For the 2010 complete set up? how much and do you have a pic?

16. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Brian I am looking for a set of push plates for an `05 f250,My name is charlie I bought a set of husky floor mats from you a couple years ago.

17. chevyzrule810

18. oldmankent

19. dmen

dmen Junior Member
    from maine

Stay away from the Mike in Auburn,Maine, he is bad news.

20. chevyzrule810

yes dmen I heard the same thing from someone else on here.If you really need to find a plow etheir talk to Brad I've heard good things about him.