1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for pictures with timbrens!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Onebadbowtie86, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Hey guys, i am strongly considering putting a set of timbrens on my 2003 regular cab short box gmc with a boss straight blade on it. i have the bars cranked almost all the way up, and it carries the plow OK, but id like to let the bars down some and not have it squat to badly, this is where im hoping the timbrens will help.

Im looking for photos of 1/2 ton chevys with timbrens, or before and after shots with the plow on or off and with it up and down. will the trucks ride be worse then it is now with the bars cranked all the way up? thanks in advance guys, i Tried searching for pics but didnt come up with much.
  2. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

I don't have a plow yet, but I put timbrens on the front and back of my '03 ecsb 1500 and the ride quality didn't change.
  3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't crack those bars up all the... That is way to much ! ! ! ! Put some weight in the back to compensate...Some over the wheels and some behind the wheels... My 01 2500 HD had front end drupe I cranked them two turns and that was fine... Leveled the truck pretty much I could go maybe 1-2 more turns...But will probably use weight to compensate the little difference... ! ! ! ! But all the way &^#^*)()^&^#
  4. Onebadbowtie86

Rich, thanks for your concern, but i am not new to chevy trucks, and this is the reason im asking about timbrens, so i dont need so much ballast in the back. my truck is my daily driver, and when im not plowing i like to just drop the plow off in my pole barn and not have to pull a bunch of sand bags out of the back of my truck . Rich i also see your an operating engineer....Just curious what number you guys are over there... im 324 up here in michigan.
  5. 04HDBoss

04HDBoss Junior Member

I have timbrens on my 04 chevy with Boss 8ft poly straight blade and it handles it very well.. Didn't change anything else..
  6. Onebadbowtie86

Anybody have pictures?
  7. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I only have pics of my 3/4 ton but will tell you the truck will only squat about a 1/2" with the Timbrens on. You will absolutely notice the diffrence.
  8. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ya absolutely no worries cranking the bars all the way up.I see that done all the time and on top of that the lift/leveling keys they have put them way past what the stock keys can go and no one seems to have trouble so crank away. My cc diesel barely squats no balast and still have several turns on my t bars left.
  9. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have any pictures of before but i have timbrens on both of my 1/2 ton trucks and they work good, if your using the t-bars of leveling the timbrens will still help especially when cornering with the plow on as far as the ballast it's more for just that ballast, however many people don't use ballast and they can plow just fine. Keep in mind the timbrens probably wont affect the ride of your truck with the t-bars turned up all the way, so after all that they are a good investment and i would recommend them good luck. Joe
  10. RichG53

ONEBAD ::local 139 Operating Engineers...I use my daily trk for plowing it is HD so i keep a little weight in it it helps the ride...I do add extra weight when plowing.... Solid block it doesn"t take much to put in or take out.... Oh I did put in Timbrens the ride wasn't bad I cranked the Tbars two turns ,man what a difference I realy like the ride better...I think the Tbars were turn down a bit before I bought the Truck... The timbrens where under to much pressure....I hope work picks up & soon.....
  11. Onebadbowtie86

Actually we are still working. It was supposed to be a slow year, but we have been busy all year so far. i actually need laid off because i plow snow in the winter. i just hope we can get some road work in the spring, things are looking slim right now!
  12. RichG53

Be glad you are working ....Our bald headed Governor keeps taking money out of the Highway fund to put into the School fund ...Our roads need help real fast....The only hope we have is if the next Pres puts money into the infrastructure...I don't work in the highway area much.... But all areas are hurting...
  13. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I just put timbrins on my one ton
    the plow was contently bottoming out
    what a diffrence with the load
    worth every penny
    dosnt affect the ride or look any diffrent without the load
  14. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

My tahoe is a 1/2 ton. I have timbrens on the front and there is only about a 1/2 inch drop. I have the tbars cranked up all the way. The truck sits level when i have more weight in the back. Ill try to get pics without the plow on and close ups of the timbrens with the plow on later. hope these help in the mean time...

15. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Just went out and measured.

With no weight on the front end, the center of the bottom of the wheel well sits 6.5 inches above the tire.

16. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

With the plow up, the suspension dropped about 1 in. Hope these help. I dont have before pictures right now. I'll try to find a pic of the stock bushing next to the timbren

17. Onebadbowtie86

Thanks a bunch! good pictures, but looks like the tahoe's due for some rubber! how hard was it to install these timbrens? how are they bolted on?
  18. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

If you take the tires off it will take you 20 to 30 minutes. If that. One bolt for everything. The package comes with everything you need. I dont know why some guys pay to have them installed. I know a friend of mine was quoted like 150 to install them. What a waste of money...:realmad:
  19. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

I have SUSPENSION MAXX Keys and mine aren't cranked at all and its still to high. Does the Timbrens make it ride any different?
  20. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Since mine is a 1500, there was nothing to to unbolt. The old one popped right out witha small pry bar and the new one pops right in. Just got to jack the front up from the frame so that the suspension can hang. You can even leave the wheel on if you want to save time. I thought I read somewhere that the timbrens for the 2500 were bolt on. I think they are alittle bit taller than 1500 model.