1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for pictures of GMC's

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Frozen001, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I am looking for some pictures of New Body style regular cab 2500hd's with tube steps or Diamond plate running boards. I am trying to decide which style I want, and do not want to order them if I am not going to like how they look on the truck.

I can get a set of DeeZee Diamond plate running boards of ~$200 out the door, or a set of Westin black tube steps for ~$250.

One of my concerns with the tube steps is that the is nothing to stop your foot from going to far. Having never owned any truck with the tube style steps I do not know if this is an issue.

Thanks guys!! :drinkup:

2. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

i have a set on our truck like them a lot looks much better than running boards. and about ur concern it is not an issue. the only thing is snow kinda collects up on them but no biggie

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Froozen001 have you checked over at The Diesel Place. In their 2500HD and 3500 forum, they have a sticky which has about 150 pages of peoples trucks. You might see something you like over there. Also check out mychevytruck.com

William

4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Spend the extra bucks for stainless tubes, when the black ones start to rust they go quick. I usually run the Westin stainless and they are great, 50000 miles on my 03 and no rust :)
    T

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

If you decide to go with the black ones, I have heard of people scuffing up the bottom sides with sand paper and spraying them with spray on bedliner type spray to keep them from rusting.

William

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

The guy at the shop said that the tubes have a 5 year warranty against rust... but maybe that is like the rust warranty on cars/trucks it has to be a hole...

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

dont have any good pics of my sides but maybe this will help. I have the SS GM ones that are chromed over. I like the tubes becasue they dont seem to fill up with mud and snow ECT

MVC-006F.JPG

8. ratlover

from IL

here is another

MVC-0052.jpg

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

hey ratlover, you have a sweeet truck man :waving:

10. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

hey ratlover could we see some upclose pics of that back rack? Thats nice.

11. ratlover

from IL

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  12. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

great craftsman ship making that back rack man. Its a beautiful truck.

You must light up half the freakin town with that light bar! :)

:drinkup:

13. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I think nerf bars or those steps are kinda ******** on a stock truck, unless its' lifted or I'm like 60, I'll step up in my truck thankyou.:p