1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for pics.....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mass1589, Sep 4, 2012.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

anyone out there have any pics of obs chevys with flatbeds??
  2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Here is one of my 89 Chev
  3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

4. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

i love that!!! i am looking to see diff. headache rack biulds becuase i dont like the big square top that goes beyond the cab....i may be getting one built for my new truck...
  5. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

my oobs chevys....

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Wasn't one of my best ideas looks wise but did prove to be extremely useful. Used it for one season and took it off thinking I was going to sell the truck. I'm much happier with my aluminum truckcraft dump insert, however, that just so happens to suit my needs better now...also, never buy the mirrors in these pics lol get the aftermarket ones off ebay that look like the 2500HD towing mirrors.

7. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

pics aren't great, but here is what I used to have before the 2500hd. It was an 8.5 foot flatbed with trex decking.

8. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

trex decking is interesting, how did that hold up?
  9. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

It was ok depending on what you used it for. The biggest issue I had was dropping wood out of a loader into it and cracking it. I put extra supports on there so it went to 6" on center instead of 12", and I never broke a piece after that. I use the truck primarily for wood, though I ran stone, stone dust, gravel, sand/salt, and various other materials from time to time. If you were constantly running large rocks, it might gouge it, but for the couple years I had it on there before I sold the truck, it held up pretty well.

I designed that dump myself, and it went up to 70 degrees when it was up all the way. That and the trex, never had a problem with anything ever sticking in it. My new truck only goes to 45, and I wish I had the extra lift.

If I had to buy the trex brand new, I probably wouldn't use it, but my dad had some left over from a deck project, so I got enough to do the truck for free. I will be redoing my flatbed soon, and I'm planning on using 1.5" oak planking.
  10. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

heres mine a 1990 4x4 with an 7.5w by 8.5 long hillsboro aluminum flat

any questions feel free to ask away!!! and i can get more pics on request