1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for pics of plow frames on nbs gm trucks

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by upst8ny, Sep 28, 2010.

1. upst8ny

upst8ny Junior Member

I have an 08 2500 that im going to be putting an 8.2 V on.
    I want to see pics of how much plastic is going to get hacked away for the frame to work.

thanks chris

2. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

Im in the same prediciment as you, I was told that if I put a 2.5 leveling kit in I wont have to do any cutting, Its in the plans anyway seeing as it will greatly improve the looks of the truck

3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I have a 2007 new body style and the only part I had to cut out was where the plow slides in and that was is and had to take front plate off to hope it helps I would show pics but don't know how to up load them

4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

we tell our customers either we're gonna cut it so it goes on and off with no issues. which means cutting basicly all of it. or we can remove it for them.

most companys we have done then for didnt care and we cut.

5. upst8ny

upst8ny Junior Member

I mounted my frame today, I will post some pics sometime soon.
    Farmer John That sounds right, I cut about 2.5 out of the plastic to get the recommended frame height. If i raise the ride height of the truck I could lower the frame, and theres holes for adjustment that way.

One thing I did notice, my frames at the top of its adjustment and it looks like theres going to be a clearance issue with the tow hooks when the plow locks in.
    If I increase my ride height and drop the front member of the frame down 1 hole It should be good to go.

Chitown- I also noticed that the license plate holder would probably be in the way.
    I think the frame should come forward about 2 inches and things would be a little better.
    I was comparing frame locations on my truck to my buddies 2010 F250
    The latch mechanism clears the plastic on yours?

6. upst8ny

upst8ny Junior Member

Heres a couple pics of my frame mounted ( will see if they work)
    I turned the torsion bars 2 1/2 turns
    I still looks like the latch on the push frame is going to get into the plastic
    Once I have the plow here I will see what needs triming

IMG]http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/UPST8NY/plow%20frame/plowframe002-1.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr94/UPST8NY/plow%20frame/plowframe2003.jpg[/IMG]

7. upst8ny

upst8ny Junior Member

8. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

upst8ny yes the latches just clear

9. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have an 09 and a 2.5" leveling kit and I didn't have to trim mine.
    Later I did end up trimming two 1/2" grooves on the back edge of the plastic to make it look a little more natural around the plow mount. But looking from the front of the truck you would never know.

10. upst8ny

upst8ny Junior Member

Any chance you could post some pics?
    Im sure they will be helpful to someone

11. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

My brother has an '09 and I have a '10, neither of us had to cut anything. It touches it, but you don't have to cut it. Not sure why you would.

12. upst8ny

upst8ny Junior Member

The directions say to have the center of the hole 15 1/2 inches from the ground,in my case I had to crank up the torsion bars to get what I got. but there was no way I could have left the plastic unless I dropped the truck frame lower then the 15 1/2 or brought the front of the truck up higher. Right now its sitting level.
    This is a 2500, Diesel , Riding on 265's

Would like to see pics of yours though.
    Where about in NY are you?

13. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Here's mine, 08 2500hd CC, gas.

[​IMG]