1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for pics of plow box ends/ wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mass1589, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

like it said im looking for some pics of plow wings or ends. i was trying to find a picture i saw on here a long time ago. it was a fisher plow with custom made box ends. they could be hinge pinned on the plow when needed and detached when needed.

i am doing a large open parking lot and would love the ability to box my plow up for more pushing....

2. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

we install some at my work and i personally run them. but at work we bolt them on they would not be a easy on/off thing but somebody could come up with a way to do it i think.

i welded mine solid to the blade as i will never take them off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

How much for a set for a fisher!!??

4. 91AK250

no clue never put a set on anything else. it would be really easy for a local fab shop to make up. we just cut them out of 1/4" plate to fit the blade. then use round stock and a piece of flat stock to bold it to the cutting edge.

5. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

How do those box ends effect the tripping action of the plow? Thank You

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I seen ppl make them like yours Not to safe + hard on a truck that plow wont trip
    Back in 1983 I made a set where the plow would still trip then made several sets sold some Then in 1993 made set for my Tractor and its the only set I still run today
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=132189

Bad thing about the Box Ends You had to realy watchout for crubs
    I ran them since 1983 on trucks Now have Vplows or pro plus w/wings

7. 91AK250

my plow trips just fine and i've never had an issue after 11 years. we put them on many commercial trucks. worst i've seen is they have been ripped off and we replaced them with no other damage to truck or plow.

it still throws to either side well,

best vid i have that shows the effectiveness of them. i would never plow without them for what i do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khMY3AocSL4

8. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I did a test with 2 of our plows 1 year. On one we put box ends on and one we purchased a set of buyers pro wings.

Both did the job, but by the end of the season the box wings were bent so bad from the guys hitting curbs that they were scrapped. During the season we did multiple repairs and straightening to them also.

The tip of the buyers wings were bent a little, but due to the rubber bottom no repairs were required and they have not bent any more in 3 more seasons.

I did make a couple more sets, similar to the buyers but out of a thicker material and with a different angle of attack.

In comparison in an open lot, the pro wings plowed more snow faster, because they ultimately make your plow wider and able to carry more due to being angled forward. They take an 8 ft blade and make it almost a 10 ft blade. We run some on 9 ft plows and only remove 1 wing if that truck has to travel to a different city to help out, takes about 30 seconds.

With no curbs around, box wings are good also, but they make an 8 ft blade an 8 ft blade able to carry a little more snow enclosed in the box. Thier is no reason that we ever needed to make the box wings removable during the season. When you angled you plow you still created a windrow, you just have to fill the box first.

Poly or steel, does not matter. I have them on both types of plows. How they are mounted is the only difference.

9. Antlerart06

How much Concrete parking lots do you do that has cracks
    Is most of your jobs gravel driveways
    They must work for you
    I dont see how your plow can even trip at all with solid box ends

I know before my Vplow I ran western with boxwings but my plow would trip I wouldnt plow without them Best thing I ever made I'll have get camera out take pics of a set I still have that fits on a western 8ft plow

10. 91AK250

i do drives paved and gravel and my paved road road. it trips foreword just fine. i've hit stumps/ditches with mine along with ice birms and such and it trips the same as a plow without wings.

many commercial customers we install them on do large lots. pavement though we don't use concrete up here much because with the frost heaves it would break up and be trashed after one winter. we honestly dont see much if any damage from them though. hell i see plows as old as mine that had them installed new and have been used commercially all there life.

most recent vid from a few days ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k17va9yKf1o

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  11. Antlerart06

Getsome free time get some vid of it tripping

My first design was like urs back in 1980 until 1983 made them the way my 93 fordTractor box ends are now

12. 91AK250

soon as we get some real snow and something to hit i would be glad to. waiting game right now :(

13. 04hd

04hd Senior Member
    from WI

Old thread but here are some Ive been meaning to put up. I have a hiniker 8ft straight blade. These are the hiniker box ends that I customized a bit. I just used the flap on the top for an addition. The top flap would be needed if you had a c plow. dan 2 064.JPG

dan 2 068.JPG

dan 2 064.JPG

dan 2 068.JPG