1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for pics of a backrack mounted

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mass1589, Feb 28, 2013.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

im trying to install my recently purchased backrack. i put the plates on the side rails however the back rack , in my opinion looks too far from the cab. can anyone show me theres from the side to see how far it is from the back of the glass or cab??

thanks for the help guys

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Mine sits flush with the back of the bed.
  3. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Mine sits flush with the Bed also.

4. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

by flush do you guys have it on the bed (crossmember) ??
  5. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

did your setups have a small square tab also on the mounting bracket?? my bed has no square holes in it for them to sink into....

this back rack was bought on criagslist and came off a ford. im mounting it on a chevy. it is the right size i can modify it if needed but im thinking it will be able to mount up without any major work

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

7. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

thanks...had it mounted with the bar back behind the bed crossmember!!!
  8. eastcoastjava

eastcoastjava Senior Member
    from Boston

awesome sketch. Thats how my Pro Rack sits, but i have slight bunny ears on my truck but it doesn't bother me that much.
  9. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Goldpro, is that an 88 RAM2500??? :)
  10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

make sure bolts are over 2" from back window...it WILL shatter if not
  11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Heres a view of the Pass side

Who that is the seat? And why is she in your truck, was Ms Grandview teaching how to plow?

12. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

LOLOL :laughing:
  13. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Best picture that i have. This Pro-rack is designed for the 2003 and up dodge rams, but fits well on my K2500.

I really want to trade my tool box for a gull wing style. I have to leave a gap of 1-2'' between the rack and box to allow room for the lid to hinge. This summer I am going to try and get my tonneau cover fitted behind the tool box. Will be an awesome setup.

Backrack spacing 2.jpg

Backrack spacing 1.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013