1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for opinon - AirFlo plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pinkplowgirl, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Pinkplowgirl

Pinkplowgirl Junior Member
    from IL area

I posted in the Western section but didn't get many (only 1) responses so I will try here. What can anyone tell me about AirFlo plows.... I have 4 trucks and added a 5th this week and I am looking for a plow. My local place has what I think is a good deal on AirFlo but I don't know much about the plow itself. The AirFlo web site is sparse at best.
    They look good, similar to a Western in some ways, and they seem to be ruggedly built. Anyone have one or know someone who has used them.

Thanks
    Kellie

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

They look like they're built well but I don't know anyone who has run one.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i was looking at one this week at a local dealer. Never seen one in person until friday. They look like they are well built and I am sure you can get them at a good price. Sorry I did not help very much.

4. Pinkplowgirl

from IL area

Well thanks everyone. I guess I still have time before I have to make up my mind. I will hold on a few more days and see if there are any negetive comments. He has them in stock so shouldent take to long to install if I decide to go with it.
    Please keep me in mind guys if you hear any thing about them, good or bad.

5. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Where in Illinois?

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Supposedly a good plow that is very similar to Western/Fisher. Even looks like the same hydraulics and moldboards. They are fairly cheap- under $3000

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

From what I have sean on there website they look like a pretty good plow. But, I have never talked to anybody who owns one.

8. Pinkplowgirl

from IL area

My dealer here wants $4100.00 to install it on a 09 F250 SD. That sounds good as a Western would be around $4800.00
    I am in the near north Chicago Burbs northernplowman. In Morton Grove

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Check ebay, they are on there for less.

10. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Just wanted to say I decided to get the AirFlo plow on my new truck. It looks great. I did noticed it sits closer to the truck then my Westerns, so you cannot open the hood with the plow installed. It looks as though any truck with the hood attached to the grill will have this problem but, driving this truck and the same type of truck with the Western the weight being further back, make the truck handle better. I think its going to work well but will know better when it snows. I will keep you all informed.

11. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Just want to let everyone to know. Pinkplowgirl is our client and I AM NOT trying to pull a fast one. (she answered her post logged in under my name and did not realize what she was doing) She is picking up her truck this morning and using our computer.
    Guess I will make sure I log off when I let anyone else use my computer again.
    Sorry sorry everyone.

12. EliteJ

EliteJ Member

I got a Air Flo for my GMC this year. I do like it alot. Looks like it can take a beating but only time will tell. I do like it better than my old Meyers!

13. Stickman

Stickman Junior Member

Just put an airflo on my F350 Just waiting for snow to see how it works?
    Stickman

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should post some pictures of it.

15. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

yes pics plz .....

16. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well if anyone wants to know The AIRFLO 8.5 VEE is OUT and 1 Hell of a plow and Beefy and very well made So I am going to purchase one The Vee plow is a cross between the MVP and Fisher XTREME Vee But a couple of Differnce ONLY ONE PLUG Hook up and a real Slick head gear set uo easy on easy off......ALL ICAN SAY I WOW

17. JD Hernandez

JD Hernandez Junior Member

I like airflo too bad their prices went up so high, I can get a new Western for what they are charging now.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  18. DIRISHMAN

Hey JD so what they want for a Airflo by you? Down by be 8.5 vee stainless steel 5300 installed out the door.Plus western dont make a SS unless you go with a FISHER

19. DIRISHMAN

Hey JD so what they want for a Airflo by you? Down by be 8.5 vee stainless steel 5300 installed out the door.Plus western dont make a SS unless you go with a FISHER

20. JD Hernandez

JD Hernandez Junior Member

Hey D-

A regular steel blade 8ft. is 4900.00 Hundred out the door ( Chicago )

Wow... 5400.00 out the door that amazing, - I should drive out by you.

Im a little pissed off 2 years ago I got an Airflo plow installed out the door for 4100.00
    this year I went now they want 4900.00