1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for opinions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mpriester, Feb 3, 2012.

1. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

my e47 is slowly giving out, i have nursed it long enough, its leaking badly out the top cap, sticking when fully angled in both directions, 2 of the 3 coils have badly corroded and cracked wires,it probably needs a c valve and maybe a crossover valve rebuild so i decided that i will replace it with a rebuilt pump from Storks with a 1 year warranty, replace both angle cylinders as both of mine are pitted and i see no good reason to attach a new pump to worn cylinders and replacing both hoses and couplers. the mold board, sector and a frame are sound. If anyone has any suggestions i'm all ears and Please don't suggest a new plow because if i could afford it right now i wouldn,t be asking this. When i bought this plow i figured all this would be needing done i just didn't know when and i got it cheap enough to be able to do this and still be under 2 grand. The main question i'm asking is would i be better off upgrading to an e60 pump or stay with an e47. Thank You Mike
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Stay with the e47pumps. I rant them both for 12 years and the E47 was nearly bullet proof compared the bad design of the e60. I am sure you can find some on CL or Ebay for a good price.