1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for opinions on using 9ft MM 1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NHresident, Sep 22, 2009.

1. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Hi all.I'm thinking of going with a 9 ft MM 1 on my trk,BUT my trks a 97 gm 4 dr crew cab w/ a 8 ft bed (long as hell LOL) K3500 dually.Do u think thats to heavy.I used a MM2 last year and it wasn't wide enough.I was back up over snow.PS would a plow dealer even mount a plow on this trk ?? Thanks

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

well the fisher push plates are already installed a dealer would never see it aslong u redo some wiring on ur own

3. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

and yes that truck can handle a 9 footer fine

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I'm not sure what u mean "dealer would never see it" Do u mean theyed never mount a MM to my trk?? I did the install myself.I was just wondering

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

didnt u say that you had a mm2 on last year

6. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Yea I had MM 2 I just chgd it to a 2 plug.Sorry but I'm not following u.(My trk side is the older 2 plug setup)

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

you'll be fine with a 9'

8. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

the mm1 pushplates and the mm2 are the same u can run a mm1 on mm2 push plates as long as the wiring matches up. sorry if i was unclear