1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for one-ton dump

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 19, 2011.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I didn't post this in the FS section as i figured it would drop to the bottom very quickly. Besides craigslist, autotrader, and trucktrader, does anyone have any ideas on where to find good used GM one ton dump trucks? 97 to 06 year range (broad i know), 4*4, auto, and pretty clean are my requirements although black would be a huge plus and certainly within 50 miles or so of me! I would even consider a ford F350 (2000+ on those) with the 7.3 (yea i know i'm in the GM section lol). Its time to get rid of the 97 as it does not serve the purpose i need a vehicle to anymore! I wish i had bought that black 06 that i had found in the fall, but, the money just wasn't there to make it work then!

Thanks for any ideas guys!
  2. mule585

mule585 Member

If you find a Ford make sure the oil pan has been replaced they rot out n are a pain in the a** to replace n will cost ya bout $2200 just a heads up
  3. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

MCW,sent you private message
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

my 2000 Chevy is for sale, I'm not within 50 miles of you though.
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

6. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

philbilly2----what's your 2000? Details.....
  7. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

got a 2007 with a broken frame! lot a guys on here will fix it for $200!!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I thought GM was fixing it?
  9. Philbilly2

QUOTE=mypolaris1;1246465]philbilly2----what's your 2000? Details.....[/QUOTE]

2000 Chevy 1 ton Dump - 4x4 - 6.5L Turbo Diesel - 118,000mi - 255/85R16 BFGoodich Mud-Terrains - 2" body lift on cab to clear the 33" tall tires - "L" Shaped Toolboxes w/ 90gal Diesel Transfer tank inside w/ Fill-Rite 12v pump and filter - Dump is Electric over Hyrdo - All front end parts were replaced in October of 2010 (both wheel berrings, all 4 ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, idler and pitman) - Cloth 60/40 split bench with fold down arm rest (I am kinda proud of that as I HATE vinyl seats and took the vinyl seat out weeks after I bought the truck and put a cloth one in)

I have only put less then 100 miles on a fresh transmission. Last big blizzard we had in beginning of Feb. took out reverse. So I had the transmission completely built as long as he was in there.

Everything that needs to be done to this truck is already done. PMD is new and relocated. All fluids and filters are new as of October 2010. (Oil and oil filter are as of January 2011) I have only had this truck for one snow season and it did awsome! Truck is priced where it is for the reason that I do not need to sell it. I am selling it so I can buy a higher GVWR truck for next season as I need to run a another bigger v-box in my dump next season. If it does not sell for the money I want to get for it, I will keep it and just add run two dump trucks next season.

Truck can be sold with or w/o plow and with or w/o the v-box that is current in the bed.

Truck alone: $16,500
    with 9ft Ultramount Pro-Plow: $19,500
    with 3 yard Hi-Way V-box: $17,500
    with Plow and V-box: $20,000

10. Philbilly2

Guess those other pictures didn't post, let me try again.

11. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

04 f-350 4x4

I sent u a p.m.