1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Obsolete Fisher Mount

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BenC, Sep 24, 2007.

1. BenC

BenC Junior Member
    from Vermont

I posted this in the Non-Commercial section, but this may be a better place for this.

I'm moving my Fisher plow from an '87 Ranger to a '92 Ranger. Unfortunately, the pushplates and pushbar for the '92 are obsolete parts and no longer available from Fisher. I've been wearing out my phone calling salvage yards with no luck. It is a special mount that was only used on the '91 and '92 model years for Ranger and Explorer. Does anyone know a possible source for these parts? The print for the mount is still on the Fisher website.
    http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/6362_120391.pdf

BenC cobwebat99@yahoo.com

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

There is a place in St Johnsbury VT that has a lot of used Fisher Parts.

Also there is Storks in PA. He is on this site.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. BenC

BenC Junior Member
    from Vermont

Flipper,
    Do you know the name of that place in St. Johnsbury?

5. Flipper

from CT

South Main Auto Sales and Service in St Johnsbury.

Around this time they start putting up stuff on ebay, though I did not see anything when I looked just now.

6. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Find a good fab shop. Anything can be made out of steel and anything can be made to fit anything...

7. Ding

Ding Member

There is also a dealer part locator website that a dealer should be able to access. You can also send an email to Fisher themselves, and they can check to see if any dealer has the old parts listed.

8. BenC

BenC Junior Member
    from Vermont

The dealer couldn't find anything on the parts locator website, and Fisher's response was for me to check with my dealer.
    I've found a fab shop that will make the part for $650. Kind of pricy, but it may be my only option.

9. Flipper

from CT

Thats just above what you would probably pay if you found one NOS from a dealer.

Used they can be cheaper.

Call junkyards as well. Often they are left on when towed in. Maybe a junkyard would cut it off for you.

10. Ding

Ding Member

Keep looking for a more afforable welder, these things just aren't that complicated.

I paid $100 each to have push plates made with 14 pieces to cut and weld. I painted them myself. The important part to get right (besides attaching to the truck) is the tabs to hold the pushbeam in place. You do not want the pushbeam pushing on the bolts themselves, but rather the little tabs welded on the pushplates.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depending on how much fab. has to be done it's not pricey at all. To design and fab a single item, that's very fair. It's not like this guy can use jigs and do a production run. All the set up and material to do one unit. I'd also be inclined to go online to some of the plow manufacturer's web sites and see how they attach, support and brace their mounts, they choose these load points for a reason. This guy has a lot of work ahead of him to produce a strong mount that doesn't butch up the truck, the price is really kind cheap. Strange how everyone hates lowballers until it's time to pay someone else.payup

12. Ding

Ding Member

I would agree if he was starting from scratch, but there are drawings and installations online that can be followed along with several measurements on the truck and pushbeam. This should not take him more than a couple hours.

13. BenC

BenC Junior Member
    from Vermont

This guy has quite an inventory of old parts. He has one set from Fisher that he will not sell. He uses this set as a pattern to make new ones.

14. Ding

Ding Member

He also likely knows what new ones would cost if you were even able to find them. Can't blame a guy for understanding his market and pricing accordingly.

15. BenC

BenC Junior Member
    from Vermont

I've found a fab shop that will make the part for $650. Kind of pricy, but it may be my only option.[/QUOTE]

I spent a couple of days calling dealers all over the Northeast and the last place I called, before committing to the $650, had the whole mounting kit new from Fisher. Not only the pushplates and pushbeam, but all the bolts necessary, a dash mounting kit and an airbag kit all for $379 including shipping.

16. beerguzzler50

beerguzzler50 Junior Member

Great deal! Can you post the dealer/phone number? I would like to get a deal like that.

17. BenC

BenC Junior Member
    from Vermont

18. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I got one for ya. I bought it last year to put on a 1994 ranger. But found it it was for a 1992. Aka had to take the bumper off to get the plow to work. It was NOS. only on the truck since december. Owner of truck is moving so I will have it back asap.

$350 cash and carry. I paid dearly for it as it was NOS. Also have Air bag kit for the same truck. Never installed.