1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for new plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike9497, Nov 5, 2002.

just wanna see what most people like out of these

Poll closed Nov 20, 2002.
  1. western

10 vote(s)
  2. fisher

9 vote(s)
  3. boss

13 vote(s)
  4. hiniker

1 vote(s)
  5. meyers

1 vote(s)
  1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

looking to get a new plow for one of my trucks just wanted to see what you guys like the most
  2. rec067

rec067 Member

First off got a great deal on a 2001 model plow never used. I have not yet plowed with it but I can tell you I like the lift on the boss ( no chain slap like with my old Myers or the Westerns) Boss operates very fast and smooth, looks much tougher than my old Myers. Lots of local nearby dealers if I have to get repair or parts. I am told by a fabricator in the area he has repaired a few plow frames and I am sorry I forgot what he was telling me was breaking. I plan to have him beef mine before hand. My Myeres had to be welded 2 or 3 times a year. I was not a maniac with it just had problems with plow hinge, king pin, chain hoist brackets.

Hope this helps just my real world experience
  3. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

Picked Western, just cuz that's what I bought on my neighbor's recommendation (subbing for him this winter) My experience may change my answer, but I don't think any of the big guys are making POS's, so I doubt it.
  4. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

What about Blizzard? I own three Fishers, one Diamond And a Blizzard 810. I wouldnt plow with anything but that 810. Just my two cents.
  5. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

In my opinion i would go with a big brand like fisher, western, boss or maybe even meyer. I would chose from them by the distance from the dealer. If the closest one is western go with that if its fisher go with that and so and so on. The plows ussually wont fail unless they are a bad brand or you are tough on them but when they do you want a close dealer.
    Just my .02 cents