1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for new cutting edge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Feb 15, 2008.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I'm looking around for a new cutting edge for 8' superduty and I found one at a place called
    angelos-supplies.com, They have it for $79.95. Has anyone tried blades from them? I'm wondering how long they will last and will it break on the first curb I hit when it's -2*?
    Right now I'm using winter equipments Extender's, but when I get my wings installed I won't be able to them.

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i bought my V edges from them at the begining of the season and they have worn about an 1". i have hit a dozen or so curbs and a few rocks at decent speed and they havent broke or chipped. i only have 1 lot right now and its asphalt and the rest are driveways. im guessing if you have more lots they would last about a season. im guessing ill get one and a half seasons out of mine.

in my opinion they are a good buy
  3. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I bought my edges from them for my MVP plow and they are still working good after 2 seasons
  4. secret_weapon

Thanks for the input, I'm gonna order one now.
  5. Stankonya

Stankonya Junior Member

I would recamend getting the Half inch edges. I went cheap and got the 3/8 and I am burning through pretty quick.
  6. secret_weapon

All they list is 1/2" so that's what I hope I get. Hope the bolt holes line up too. That was a thought that just popped in my head...:dizzy: