1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for my first plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by duckboy391@hotm, Jan 6, 2010.

1. duckboy391@hotm

duckboy391@hotm Junior Member

I'm looking for my first plow i have a 02 Chevy 1500 and i would plow my drive/yard about small parking lot size just wanted to know what would be the best plow for me. i have looked at boss western snow sport and snow bear

snow bear looked really cheap and snow sport did not look like it would work at all

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

plow choise

get a boss 7'6" super duty rt 3 and a set of timbrens and you will be loaded for grizzly bears !:drinkup:

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Ditto wild bill. If you have the know how you can install it yourself and save roughly 3to 400 bucks. And being you have a gm its the easyest mount to install. Also the wiring is all plug and play. There is a lot of knowledge on this site so if you would need help you can ask here and it'll get answered pretty quickly.

4. duckboy391@hotm

thanks what about poly plows and won't the super duty be to heavy for my truck and what about the western hts

5. wild bill

poly

you will find that the ploy plow's are typically heaver than steel they have to take the steel sheet out of the plow to put the poly on and have to add more steel back into it to make it ridged enough to make up for it not having the sheet to tie it all together .check your spec's not matter what you buy ,i wanted tough and i went with steel there wasn't much difference between the two .wesport

6. duckboy391@hotm

wow didn't think of that so you would get the super duty 7'6''' and what's timbrens . what about a leveling kit of air bags all the way around

7. wild bill

plow

timbren's are a aeon rubber spring that replace the bump stop's up front ,their are other's available from buyer's product's and a out fit called sumo spring's also .air bag's are not ava for the fronts,i think they have a air shock from fire stone but they are spendy you can check your driver's side door post sticker for your front gross axel weight rating (gawr) you need at least a 2550 lb frt axel cap.if it is a z-71 it prob has it ,then you don't need timbren's but they are nice to have .:salute:

8. duckboy391@hotm

its a z71 but i think i would get the timbrens also the gawr frt is 3925 lb y do you say get the super duty not just standard duty or sport duty

9. wild bill

plow

i am sorry i listed the wrong rating ,the 3925 lb is good to go .still timbrens are a good thing to have they take a lot of ware and tear off the truck .i would go with the super duty there should not be much weight or money difference between them . i had mine out today trying to get dug out .

10. S&S

S&S Junior Member

:nod:
    Listen to what they say I have the same plow only it's a power v on a 2003 1500HD and no problems.