1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for little help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Antlerart06, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well Bidding on a 5 year contact for snow and Lawn
    On the Snow spec They want per foot price on the walks This something new to me
    Most time I look at a job and I get what its worth to do walks
    I know I can break my price down and come up with a foot price would be
    I tried talk them in hourly price its a job that I'll have to hire extra guy be there during day time snows keeping it clean and safe But a Board member with PHD says per ft price is best way I said OK

Thought ask people on here how they scale there's ft price this is a per push with a 1'' trigger anything up to 1'' trigger for Icemelt
    What I have
    48'' walks 900 ft
    60'' walks 1200 ft
    72'' walks 455 ft
    This biggest sidewalk job I'll ever have wouldn't be bidding on if wasn't for the Lawn
    I been doing drives/road way /parking lots since the place was built 20 yrs ago
    I dont think anybody else will bid on it Due to cleaning walks Not many around here that does Lawn and snow
    But never know So want be on the ball

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since you know how long it will take and how much you will charge,just add it up add a little extra to it then divide it for your per sq ft price.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I google it looking for one and I had no luck
    The board member that wants the bid be this way is from east coast and he said thats how they do it there
    So I thought must be a scale of some kind
    That the board member was talking about
    I just want make sure my price relates to a scale price If there is a such thing

4. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

he is a "bored" "member" get it . :laughing:

dont chase his tail , give him your price , he can break it down himself.

re"member" , you cant lose something you've never had.