1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Liquid Urea for clearing Helipad

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JORDANDISCUSMAN, Dec 11, 2008.

1. JORDANDISCUSMAN

JORDANDISCUSMAN Junior Member

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get liquid Urea for use on a Helipad. The customer demands that we find a liquid form of the Urea so the helipad can be snow/ice free. I am able to find dry, granule Urea everywhere but not the liquid type. Could anyone provide me with a website address or Phone number of a company that has the liquid stuff?

If there are none, how could I mix the dry granule Urea and make it an effective liquid.

Thanks for your help!!!

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Find a local John Deere Landscape around you - one that supplies fertilizers and such. They will set you up with the liquid urea concentrate.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just a stupid question here, but is it possible to buy the bagged, and melt it in water, like making a brine solution? I know you'd have to play with the mix, but I think it could be done.

4. saynow

saynow Junior Member

I use to sell 46-0-0 to lawn care guys to spray as fert. just slowly dump in 2-3 50# bags of urea into a 200 gal. spray tank with by-pass agitation and you're ready to spray. you will have to play with the amount of 46-0-0 to get what you want for de-ing. that stuff doesn't melt at very low temps though.