1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for LED reco

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by porabjr, Nov 28, 2013.

1. porabjr

porabjr Member

The wife is planning to get me a new light for x-mas. I know I want a magnet mount LED to be plugged into power outlet. Anybody have any recos. Budget is $100.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

ecco, whelen, federal signal, grote, etc. IMO stay away from no name stuff. try and stick with name brands

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I have one from tractor supply but it isn't led. You'll be hard pressed to find one for that much

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You mean that little right ?

5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

$100 may be hard stay at or under. I have a Light Bar from MC Green Sales. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OME9hOYZglo
    Now this video does not show how bright this really is. You do not need a big light bar if you have this. It has different flash patterns for you to play with. If you get hit with one of these on the driver has his eyes closed.

6. porabjr

porabjr Member

7. Ddmtuning for led lights at low cost

8. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

9. I just bought one last week. The color is more amberish than the Soundoff 360 degree LED class 1 beacon. Right now it is the best bang for your dollar out there. With shipping you should be paying around $80, any other comparable light will be over a $100. Works fine so far, and is backed by a very good warranty.

10. porabjr

porabjr Member

LOL, you must be my Canadian "brother", I ended up going with the same one. I liked the number of patterns and looked pretty bright on video. Hopefully it works out for me, just waiting for "Santa" to deliver it.