1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for LED ideas for Kubota 3940

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snowman4, Feb 26, 2009.

1. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Looking for suggestions. Use it to plow municipal sidewalks, bus stops etc. Has a front blade on it and sometimes pulls a salt spreader trailer.

Here are some pictures of the model - it is not my specific tractor.

Right now I just have a small strobe light beacon in the back. It is lower then the top of the roof so it doesn't get knowcked off by branches etc (which will be a major factor in what I go with).

I definitely want something for the front and if someone comes up with a good idea on the back I might go with that too!

We use blue lights here but I could also go with a bit of amber accenting :waving:

Thanks for your advice. Here are some pics to give you an idea:

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Whelen Vertex L.E.D's they are a sealed unit can be mounted inside or outside light housing units or mounted in your cab flush or recessed hole. Sirennet.com has the best price on them and come in Clear/White,Red,Blue,and Amber. On my Truck I have 6, 1 each in headlights and reverse lights and 1 on each side of my sander flush mounted at the rear. Unlike the glass strobe tubes that will break the Vertex led's I think will be indestructable and Highy Visible
  3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

how wide is the roof you may be able to go with a full size 48 inch or 52 inch liberty or a freedom
  4. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Roof is just plastic and the can sits pretty high on the sidewalk. You really have to watch out for branches or you could take part of an entire roof off. I'd like to shy away from putting something ontop of the roof. But thanks for the idea.
  5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i would go with whelen linz6 front side and rear
  6. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Since you cant put anything on the roof, then I would go with the whelen Linz lights on the corners of the cab