1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for iPhone/iPad app??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by MattWalker, Nov 28, 2012.

1. MattWalker

MattWalker Junior Member

Hi - new to this site. I am looking for an app for our iPhones and iPads to keep track of our snow plowing this winter. I would like one that shows the time in & out of sites, weather conditions, how much salt was used, what we did there and even if it could show routes for each driver.
    I saw someone had this one posted but didn't state what app it was. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    snow app.jpg

snow app.jpg

2. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

app snow iphone

Looks interesting - might be good.

I just hate buying an app that turns out to be crap. And that's just on a 0.99 app.

At 9.99 I would have to see some strong recommendations. Right now there are a grand total of 3 ratings, which means nobody has tried it.

4. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

I agree. You should give it a test run!! :p Let us know if its a good buy or not. ;)

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

LOL...your signature is RISK, take your chances or someone else will but you are afraid to risk 10 bucks.

6. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

:laughing: :eek:

7. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:

How about a bad taste in my mouth. Paid and downloaded the other app that is talked about occasionally on this site.

So far, a waste of my buck - hope the update give something useful for commercial plowers.

Right now we are using a different app called Time Tracker and its worked well for time tracking the landscape side. Initially took a little set up and learning time, but works well for time tracking at multiple sites. Out salting last night for the first time and set everything up for winter as we were going along.

8. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

I don't have a I phone because I don't like apples programs however, I might just try the I phone on my next upgrade this month. If I do get the phone once I learn how to use it. I'll spit out the 10 bucks and try the program above and report my findings back to you guys!! I really like the idea. But does it work? I will find out!

9. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

So John 143 did you try that app out and does it work

10. nighthawk117

nighthawk117 Senior Member
    from Ma

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  11. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Id like to know what this one is

12. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Its not the one you're asking about but it looks like for a buck you'll get what you need... Covers salting, sanding and evan able to take pics for extra proof of work if needed.... There is also a free version so you can feel it out... Called "Noreaster Storm Systems" Here is the link to view it...

http://noreasterss.com/

13. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

14. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Actually it's free to download the app but it is a pay website. You are required to log in to. For 1 person to use the app I got a price of 24.95 a month. So I've deleted it.