1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for input

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Strictly Snow, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

Looking for input on Plow setup

OK guys i just bought a used truck with a meyer poly plow on it. Not sure what model (how do you know). For the price i paid the person it doesn't really matter, but for replacement parts.For 2 grand for a 95 GMC 2500HD no rust low miles(truck was used only to plow drive) and fully loaded i couldn't refuse. Any way i do only commercial snow removal and want to know how well this plow is going to hold up or should i throw a western pro on it. all my other trucks run westerns
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

my meyer does commerical just fine....
  3. AHammen

AHammen Member

I have 2 meyers I use for commercial and I have no complaints. As far as model goes the pump is pretty easy to figure out and the blade you will be able to tell by how many trip springs it has, and how many braces are behind the mold board (ST Standard Duty have 3 trip springs and 4 braces, C Commercial Duty's have 4 trip springs and 6 braces). I have a Standard Duty and a Commercial, I like both pretty much equally but the Commercial is by far heavier so it will scrap down to the pavement a lot better.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's the 8' poly on the '95 GMC in your signature it would be a CP-8. Meyer doesn't make a standard (ST) over 7.5 so it would be a commercial series poly..
  5. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

Thanks for the info. I do know that it has 4 trip springs but didn't look to see the bracing. Also do they make a handheld controller
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Meyer does make a hand held controller. But if you currently have the twin toggles or the single lever slick stick, you may want to just keep what you have for reliability reasons. Many guys find that the HH aren't all that reliable.
  7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i have a push button what are they calld like ez touch pads or whatever i have it velcroed to my cup holder and it dosent move all winter. during the summer it comes out cause ill need to ride 3 guys around
  8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have a c8 and it will do commercial just fine but I would just keep an eye on your pivot points they wear real fast with a lot of heavy plowing. I know I will never buy a meyers for commercial plowing again. Just my 2 cents :waving: