1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for input on X-Blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sytex17, Nov 3, 2009.

1. sytex17

sytex17 Junior Member
    from Maine

Looking for some input on a 8' X-Blade. Pro's and Con's. How does the x bracing hold up to rust? I live directly on the coast and i am looking into Stainless. There are both Fisher and Boss dealers near by. I looked into the Boss V-XT and the Xtreme V but i am kind of getting talked out of getting a v plow. Considering sticking with a straight blade, but definitely want a trip edge plow no exceptions on any full moldboard trip blades.

How do the Hydro's compare to the Boss 8' trip Edge?
  2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Well I run Fisher and Boss. I just sold my x blade, replaced it with and x vee. The x blade was 5 years old. My boss is 4 years old and looks way older than the fisher did. I really like boss but as soon as the paint starts to flake off the front your done. My vee sticks more snow then it pushes. If boss made a stainless plow, thats all I would buy. Comparing full trip to trip edge is negotable, they serve the same purpose. I would buy either if any the full trip acts a little more tame than the tipical trip edge snap.
  3. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Is full trip less violant than the trip edge? But i leaves more mess?
  4. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I find that full trip is less violent, and usually it still leaves the snow in front of the plow. I did shatter a cutting edge on my boss vee last year,full trip, but I believe trip edge would have too.