1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Input on V-Box Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dsteve12, Nov 3, 2007.

1. dsteve12

dsteve12 Member

I've been in business since 2005, but am currently working on rebuilding the company after a messy, messy divorce ($65,000) that wrapped up this past summer. I need to pick-up a new V-Box spreader for my F-250 with an 8-foot bed, and am looking for input on brands and experiences. I'm leaning toward a poly box electric - either SaltDogg or SnowEx. Due to the high cost of the divorce, I'd like to keep my investment down insomuch as practical, but also don't want to pick-up something that's going to require more time in maintenance and frustration than it's worth. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I would buy a Snoway 8 ft stainless electric. Swing a way chute and only one electric motor. Cant get more simple or easy to use.I have two of them and love them.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

You should by a buyers spreader they tend to be alittle cheaper then others brands.
  4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Get a Salt Dogg, you wont regret it. Angelos there by you has the best price. Call them.
  5. 3311

3311 Senior Member

I went with the polyhawk from swensen on my 08 f250
  6. Patrick34

Patrick34 Member

I have a 8 foot western icebreaker for sale, 2 years old, top of the line. I paid $5450 two years ago, asking $2900 OBO.