1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lOOKING FOR INFO

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by J P, Jan 12, 2006.

1. J P

J P Junior Member

:drinkup: Hello to all you truck lovers and snowplowers.
    I'm new on this site but am In need of some advice.
    I am looking to put a plow truck on the road for next winter.
    What is a good truck to by or look for. Reg. cab ? Xtra cab ect. I am also wondering what does plow insurance roughly cost? I am very good at plowing as I did for a few years ago. Also I have a western plow 3 years old 6.5 feet I picked up for 2 grand but it comes off a dodge so what would i need to make it fit on a chev. or gm ? Also any other info would be great. Any one looking for back-up or willing to help me out from set up to snowplowing next year??

Thanks Jeff

ALSO I HAVE A 1986 DIESEL 4X4 RANGER 4- SALE NEEDS SOME WORK BUT ALL 4X4 EXCELLENT $4,900. AS IS

2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

If you already have a 6.5 foot plow then you will need a mid size truck if you want to get a truck to fit the plow. Probably in this range would be jeep wrangler/cherokee, dodge dakota/durango, chevy S10, toyota tacoma, nissan frontier, ford ranger 4x4 etc.

think of a truck you are interested in and go to the western site and go through the quick match system and see if that size plow comes up for it.

I don't know if you have a unimount or ultramount, but in either case you'll need a frame mount and at least a truck side headlamp harness depending on what you already have.

-Jer