1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for hook up 89 Cherokee

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by calvin89jeep, Feb 23, 2007.

1. calvin89jeep

calvin89jeep Junior Member

Hello looking for the hook up to the frame or uni frame on a 89 Cherokee so I can hook up a snow blade on it. Thanks.
    Calvin

2. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

If you can afford to buy from Ebay, look at "Flexblade" Still a few out there.

It's a SnowBear plow (electric up and down, manual left, center, right) and mounts into a 2" front trailer hitch receiver than you can get from 1-800-HITCHIT if you order a Hidden Hitch.

It's my setup, and the total investment was around 1500.00 and it was easy to assemble and install.

mount01.jpg

3. calvin89jeep

Hook Up

thanks Big Dan, that is really nice I like that. I will definatly keep an eye out for one of those. My problem I never had anything like this and didn't know what to look for. Thanks again Big Dan I saved the picture.
    Calvin

4. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

We do what we can to help you get something that you can get some use out of and not break the bank. If you have a Lowe's nearby, you might even be able to see a SnowBear plow there (it will be yellow), but it will not be a Flexblade, and it will not plug into a 2" hitch. It will however get the job done for you, just have to take it easy and as the big guys say "plow with the storm" (go out every 3-4 inches or so) - don't wait till it overwhelms you.

I've been happy with the results of my little SnowBear, but may possibly be trading up to a Tahoe that a friend will be selling soon. If and when that happens, I will probably be selling the Cherokee and plow setup separately, but it won't be till later this year.

Keep watching the thread.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  5. calvin89jeep

Help

Thanks Big Dan you have been a lot of help. As a matter a fact there is a Lowes just 3 miles from me and I will go there and take a look around. We also have a Tractor Supply about 4 miles from me. And I will keep an eye on the thread. Thanks again Big Dan and have a good day.
    Calvin

6. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Keep in touch Calvin my email is bdhunter7@roadrunner.com I tried to PM (Private Message) you but couldn't.

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Personal Plows

Hi

Whereas you have a Cherokee and they have been around for ever, I'd search here, E-Bay and Craigslist for a good used Fisher, Meyer,Wester, Curtis, or Blizzard plow set up.

Some newbies would rather go with a new Snobear or or other personal plow due to thier price or simplicity, why not spend the same $1500 for a good used 6.5' or 2 meter plow that will last and give you all the convieniences of "real plow". I've seen slightly used 6.5' Fisher Minute Mounts from S10 blazers and trucks go for less than a thousand bucks, with a set of two hundred dollar Jeep brackets you could have one hellava plow set up!

Stick around , search the classifieds,ask questions here, you'll learn alot about what you'll need to get the right set up.

Here's a couple on E-bay, I'm sure Jerre's or Storks would have a set of Jeep mounts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Meye...012QQitemZ220086113571QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-fo...ategoryZ6763QQihZ014QQitemZ330091529550QQrdZ1

Good Luck

Jay

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  8. calvin89jeep

Need Help

Hi Jay thanks for the links they didn't look to bad at all. I tell you I sure am glad I found this site everyone has really been a big help in trying to get me started in this. I actually have 2 Jeeps a 88 and a 89 both Cherokee's. I sold one of them over a year ago I told the fellow that bought it I would take payments so it took him 7 months to pay it off then he moves away. I gave him the title and keys to it and I haven't heard a thing from him for almost a year now. Last I heard he lost the title and is living in a shed way down in the sticks of WV. So I guess I have plenty of parts for my 89 Cherokee. Tell you one thing a snow blade would really be handy today we got a little over 6 inches this morning. Started at around 6:00am. Jay tell you what Big Dan sure has been a big help to me, he sure has give me some first things first to look for and I dont have a clue on what to do first. Thanks again fellows.
    Calvin