1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by City slicker, Jul 28, 2015.

1. City slicker

City slicker Junior Member

Hello everyone,I am new to the mountain retired and want to remove my own snow off my driveway 600' long 10+' wide and a slight hill is it better to push it or blow it? Bobcat or 4x4 tractor this is in Truckee Ca. We can get up to 10' a year and yes the last couple of years next to none, but you know my first year there it will nail me good. Just though I would ask you pro guys for some guidance!!
    Thanks, looking forward to your reply's
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Will this be a dedicated piece of equipment or will you have other uses for it?
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Unless you have ample space to push the windrows back I would use a Blower, a 4x4 tractor may be a better option since it can be used in the summer more than a skid in mountainous areas.
    Do some searching on here, there's all kinds of info regarding blowers on tractors and skids.
  4. City slicker

City slicker Junior Member

I will have other uses for it my hole area is somewhat flat but a lot of trees
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Your only limited to your wallet. I personally would want something with heat.
  6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Truest statement EVER! :laughing: