1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for help on a truck mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowin boy, Jun 11, 2006.

1. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

I just bought a used 7ft standard plow. I am going to put it on an 03 Gmc Sierra 1/2 ton truck, 4x4, extended cab short bed. Went to my local dealer to get a truck mount number and they told me they don't make a mount for my truck that would work for this plow.(plow number 60125) They told me this is a plow for a jeep or an s10 truck or something of that nature. He called Western himself and they told him the same thing. Are the a-frames different then the 7'6"? Or could I get the conversion kit and make this work? Or am I just SOL. Thanks in advance for your help. Scott

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

7' isn't even wide enough for a 1500. 7' is for a full size jeep

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Liability reasons have forced all the manufacturers to separate their personal use and commercial models. the mount for your plow isn't available for fullsize Trucks. The idea is to keep people from using full size commercial blades on Durangos (or Jeeps, s10's. etc.) Snoway has 3 model lines none of which are interchangeable, part of the "protect us from ourselves" mentality, and unchecked litigation that is driving the cost of everything through the roof. So unless you buy a down sized vehicle or modify either a mount or the plow you are probably SOL.

4. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

7' isn't even wide enough for a 1500. 7' is for a full size jeep
    If I put wings on it that would get me over 8 feet

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Wings will get you over 8', but why not just get the proper plow for you vehicle.... What are your intnetions for this plow?? Personal use???

6. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

No commercial use but I didn't want to put a lot of weight on the front of my truck.

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You are going to bend that plow using it commercially.

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Why not sell that one and get a homesteader or suburbanite???

9. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The plow you have has a narrower and shorter a-frame, chances are that if you could get it to pin up the end of the blade would probably end up hitting the bumper when you angled it all the way to the side. If your looking to save $$ by going used, look for an 7'-6" standard unimount.

10. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

Thanks to everyone for your help, Scott