1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for gps/weather program

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Dec 31, 2013.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

Looking for a good.inexpensive gps to track trucks also looking for a good weather program I also chase tornadoes in my spare time but from now on I'm bringing laptop
  2. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

can't help with the gps. the only truck I have to track is myself. but the weather seems like a no brainer to me personally. there's plenty of apps and websites out there.

I personally use the weather channel app and noaa app on my phone. the best program I use is looking outside and taking my own measurement of the snow.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Noaa free...
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Or NWS free.
  5. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

yeah i personally don't get to technical when it comes to the weather. i just use it as a guide so i know to be prepared and ready in case i would have to go out. in the end it comes down to whats in my driveway and my clients all know that.

i have a 2 inch trigger based on what i measure in my own personal driveway. its up to them to let me know if they think they don't want or need my services when i run my route.