1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for good used 351w

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ShannonS, May 19, 2004.

1. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

Looking for a good used 351w for a 1990 250 truck my has a tick that i cant quite seem to get rid of it. Loss of oil psi when warmed up and the tick is really loud by then but I have driven it over 60 miles nonstop and she didnt blow so i dont think it is a rod knocking. Changed oil pump still didnt cure it. Any cheap good used around here Iowa will travel for right motor. And it is fuel injected.

2. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

What oil pressures do you have hot and cold and with what weight oil? I would definately NOT replace a ford engine because it 'ticked' trust me when I say that MOST of them do.

3. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

I had 10-30 in it for awhile ticked loudly then I put in 20-50. And when its cold it gets about 40 psi or so then when warm struggles to keep 5 to 10 psi, at idle going down road warm it does about 10 or 15 psi.

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

it has worn main&cam bearings I have plenty of 350 mod otors if you want one

5. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

need a 351w not a 350

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I ment to put 351 mod motors :rolleyes:

7. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

how much and what kind of condition are they in?