1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for general advice

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by southshoreman, Oct 24, 2010.

1. southshoreman

southshoreman Junior Member

For years I have had a Fisher minutemount homesteader plow on my 2000 Yukon XL, and it has worked reasonably well in plowing two very long driveways used by my family. I'm about to get a 2004 Chevy Tahoe (more power) and am wondering whether it can handle a Fisher HD 7'4" plow. More generally, I am new here and would love to hear if there is some general consensus out there as to what brand/type/size works best for residential use. I live in suburban Boston and end up plowing about 5-7 times per season. Thanks.
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

A 2004 Chevy Tahoe should beable to handle a 7.5' Fisher HD. But it sounds like a 7.5' SD or HT would be the best fit for you since you arn't plowing comercialy.
  3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

I agree with mercer, the girlfriends step father plows with this setup. Works pretty good for just his drive but really need some timbrens or some other front end help.