1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Fisher wiring harness and module

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 20bugsys, Mar 4, 2013.

1. 20bugsys

20bugsys Junior Member

I recently purchased a 99 F350 that has fisher minute mount brackets installed. All of the wiring and related parts have been removed from the truck.

There is an 8 foot Fischer plow for sale locally that I can pick up very reasonably. It is in good shape but does not include the truck side wiring. I measured the plow and mounts and they are the correct mounts for this plow.

Two questions.

Is it easy to find all of the truck side wiring I would need for this? I assume I could just find the local dealer and have them set me up but I am a DIY type and I am hoping to find used parts.

I'm assuming I can pick up the plow without wiring by mounting it up to the brackets and shortening the chain to tie it up. The place selling the plow has a forklift that could lift the blade for me. Or is there a way to hot wire the pump? It's an auction place so I have a time limit for picking it up and would rather spend the summer months doing to wiring myself. I don't plan to plow this season.