1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for fisher plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 2003dodge, Nov 17, 2015.

1. 2003dodge

2003dodge Junior Member

Looking for an 8 foot Fisher minute mount or an 8'6"minute mount v-plow. My truck side is a 3 plug. Im in bergen county new jersey but dont mind traveling for the right plow Thanks,Mike

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

3. 2003dodge

2003dodge Junior Member

4. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Mike - what is your budget, and do you know if the 3 plug setup currently on your truck is only for a straight blade or is it already set up for a 3 plug EZV? Check plugs out front - the control plug will either have 3 pins (straight) or 7 (EZV)? EZV is fairly uncommon, unless you are the Mike from NJ that bought my old 2002 GMC...

5. 2003dodge

2003dodge Junior Member

Lol I am the Mike who bought your gmc. So I guess you know what will fit

6. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

:D Yeah that truck will run an EZV as is, just remove the adapter in the cab and get yourself an EZV controller. If you want a V plow, that is cheapest route. I have some controllers if needed.

If you want to spend more on a plow than you did the truck, you can change the battery and control harness out (along with controller) and run the XV2 I have for sale here:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=164531

I can even put the same wires back on there I took off the morning you picked it up, sigh...

7. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Or if you want to save a grand from Jon's plow... you can buy my 8'6 xv stainless like new for $3600...