1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for easy way to get trip spings in

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by berlincam86, Apr 2, 2008.

1. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

Is there an easy way to get those sping in? Or a trick to it?

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Get the tool from Fisher. Still be very careful. I usually wrap them with wire as and extra safety. Lots of energy in just compressing them the inch needed to get them in.

3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

You can slowly drive up to a tree, one you don't care about preferably, and slowing drive into it with the blade raised all the way. This trips the edge and you can do what you have to do. Just put it in park and put on the parking brake.

4. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

I am trying to put the springs on. They were already off when i got the plow.

5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

just get the tool. and as stated above use a steel wire to hold it compressed in. ive seen those thing slip and they move with a **** load of force even just compressing them the 1-2 inches to get them in if it sips it can easily break bones.

6. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

Im missng those spring discs that go on top of the spring i will have to get new ones while im getting the tool. thanks.

7. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

How much does the tool cost?

8. berlincam86

berlincam86 Member

My local fisher dealer said he didnt have one. So i found one online for $23.00