1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for drivers/subs southern NH

Discussion in 'Employment' started by sonh, Oct 9, 2005.

1. sonh

sonh Junior Member

We are a mid-sized company in the seacoast area. Looking for subs and or drivers for our vehicles. All late model well maitained equipment nice account base.

2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I've been out of it for a few years, but I want to put a plow on my 1-ton this year and start plowing again. Was wondering what is involved with doing sub work. What is required as far as insurance rider, availability, pay etcetera. Not sure if I want to try sub work or stick to working for myself like I always used to. thanks for any info.
    Dan

3. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

how much work and where, and what kind of payup

4. sonh

sonh Junior Member

Give me a call @ (603)765-0355 , Bill

5. Detroitdan

Hey Bill, sorry I havent got around to calling you. I almost bought a new Blizzard the other day, but now I'm afraid that money is going to be buying a new transmission for the truck :< I'm rapidly talking myself out of plowing with the 1 ton and instead getting a regular cab pickup just for plowing, in which case I'll just stick to driveways. Any idea what people are paying nowadays for regular driveways? I was only getting $20 for your average driveways back a few years, it must be up there now. I was thinking of calling around to get estimates from people just to get an idea what they are charging. I'll talk to you later, Dan.

6. Pat M

Pat M Member

What areas do you plow. I am in interested in possibly getting into plowing this year or just do local driveways but would definitely get some info from you if possible. You can email me info at p.molettieri@verizon.net

7. Detroitdan

Hey Bill, still looking for any help? I haven't picked up enough driveways, I got started too late, so I'd like to take on a little more. I'd like to do some after hours stuff, whatever might be available. Let me know if you have anything, if so I'll give you a call.