1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for compatability info

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by aaronw, Sep 19, 2007.

1. aaronw

aaronw Junior Member

hey everyone hope its a good day where you are,
    wondering if anyone knows if a conventional plow set up on a 1988 1500 will fit on a 1997 k1500? thanks for the help im very new to this so take it easy on me as this may be an outlandish question thanks in advance.

2. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

MORE INFO PLEASE
    It sounds like you're speaking about specific truck and plow that you haven't defined.
    Anything can be retro-fitted - how much work and expense is it worth?

3. aaronw

aaronw Junior Member

sorry for the lack of info

I have a 98 k1500 never been set up for a plow Im wondering if an old conventional style fisher plow off of an 1988 chevy 1500 will bolt up on my newer truck or if the frame design etc is totally different.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Use the fisher quick match system on their site to see if the part #'s on the push plates are different

WELCOME TO PLOWSITE!!!

btw, where in NH are you from?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:waving: Aaron, the truck frame's are the same between the '88 and the '97 1500's (same body style). You may have a bolt hole or 2 you may need to modify but other than that the frames are the same basic width and shape.

6. Ding

Ding Member

Is the 88 a 2 wheel drive?

7. aaronw

aaronw Junior Member

thanks for all the info guys. the 88 is a 4x4 as well. was on craigslist as a yard truck cheap i was gonna just yank the plow if it would bolt up. and someone asked where im located in nh . manchester for anotheremonth then out to rochester (moving closer to work) grew up in merrimack been all over southern nh .