1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Central New Jersey Work

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JerseyPools, Feb 4, 2015.

1. JerseyPools

JerseyPools Junior Member

Hello. I am new to the forum. Currently we work for a large landscape company as a sub. There are times when we get nothing in our current location and we would like to travel for snow removal. Equipment and workers are reliable. Please let me know if anyone has anywhere that I can start with this. Thank you
  2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You're a little late in the season, eh ?

3. JerseyPools

Indeed. I was hoping someone was looking for more help.
  4. JerseyPools

We would travel a few hours with our equipment.
  5. StephInBC

StephInBC Junior Member

Have you considered contacting other snow clearing companies in the areas you're willing to travel too? Perhaps they're looking for subs.
  6. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

What would your plan be for a time when you do have to plow for your landscaping company? Companies aren't going to want to scramble last minute during a storm to cover sites because you have to go plow for another company.
  7. JerseyPools

Local landscape company would take priority - There are many storms where we get nothing. 75 miles north gets dumped on. I hate staring at my equipment knowing we could go north and find something. I thought this site would be able to help point me in a direction in an as needed basis. I will call a couple of big outfits to see if there is anything we can do.
  8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Ya its not that easy to find work in 2 different locations if you cant be there at the same time. If both spots get hit with a storm your gona screw someone over