1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for bulk salt in south/west Ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by scoopdog, Aug 19, 2008.

1. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

I am needing bulk salk for the cincinnati area can anyone help??

2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Not having much luck getting prices from any one. Still waiting on a grain of salt. I think its going to get ugly this year. One supplier told me that he had to wait until Ohio's state bid comes in on thursday.

How about Evans ?

3. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

Yes they are all looking at the sate bid. I have a call into evan and they said they would get me pricing in the next day or so.

If anyone has salt let me know i will take delivery of 800 tons NOW. I will also pay COD. I do not care I just want to fill my bin.

4. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

i know what you mean. I have called a couple other suppliers and they are saying not untill September. I am seriously thinking into switching a truck over to liquids. Have you tried With A Grain of Salt ?

5. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

yes 77.50 plus freight about 15-20 per ton for a total of 97.50, but one catch you must pay now 25% of your order. and my thought is what if they tell us in sept. that they have it on the river for $65 to our door. I see that a guy in pittsburg said that he got a delivered price from central in Pittsburg for $67 delivered and we are almost always $5 less than they are a Ton!!! OHH also with a grain says they do not know if they will have all the salt that you want, but they will refund your deposit.. How nice!!

6. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Todd told me today that he would have prices out by september. It would be nice to fill up my salt bin with about 400 tons and be done with this.

7. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

$97.50 is about what Ive heard also in Columbus. I also know a company that is paying about $115 for a ton from some company out of state. I cant believe that it doesnt cost much more to bring it in from out of state! That is crazy!:dizzy: What is really funny is that I know people that did not charge $110 a ton to the customer last year!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  8. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

September might be to late. At lest my liquid calcium guy is selling it for the same price as last year and has steped up to the plate and got me locked in. What a great guy!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  9. hoop

hoop Junior Member

I'm in Michigan and thinking of moving to liquid but have no clue on any of it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Al

10. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

hoop - get yourself to 10 posts so I can pm you. I may be able to help you.

11. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Mike, Do you treat your salt with calcium or do you apply the calcium directly to the pavement ?

12. Big Snow Balls

Big Snow Balls Member

I hope we have a light season and all the salt suppliers (Cargill, Morton, North American ) sit on this expensive salt and take it in the ash. We wont make any money but at least next season salt will be a lot cheeper.

13. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

You hope we have a "light season"???? I hope we get hammered, even at $100 a ton I still make great money.

Bossman

14. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

Call GWI 614-625-3933 I have been buy my salt form them you buy that much at one time I know they will give you a break. I paid 64.00-68.00 a ton plus delivery. I order a 1,000 tons at a time at 64. Tell them Jake sent you. or I would try Cargill or Henderson

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  15. TurfToppers

TurfToppers Junior Member

give me a call scoopdog i might be able to help you out some 513-797-0919

16. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

call Henderson Trucking they sell salt in columbus or GWI 614-625-3933. I know they will be able to help you asap.

17. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Salt in Lroain, Ohio

I have 20,000 tons of salt unloading at Jonick Dock in Lorain, Ohio tomorrow (Saturday 9/12/09). It is white, spec and dry.

Please contact me at 216-904-6538 for pricing. We have early buy prices available until October 15th.

I can provide delivered prices anywhere in Ohio.