1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for bulk salt in Avon,Oh

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by C&H Plowing, Oct 23, 2010.

1. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

I got a big account in Avon, OH and need to reload my 1.5 cu yd salt dogg localy.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Kurtz Brothers on miller rd. off rt 611. Right next to the new ymca/minor league baseball stadium. They are my supplier. Paula is the manager. Hope this helps.

3. Division

Division Member

usE abraxus on the way in or out of cleveland

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Abruxus is cheaper, but if you are in a pinch and the site is Avon then Kurtz would be your best bet. By the time you drive to abraxus and back it is the same price with gas included. I use abraxus also being here in Lakewood.

5. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

Thanx. I got the Best Buy over in avon and yes I know that Kurtz is about $5 more per yard

6. PeterG

PeterG Member

I'm about .2 miles away from abruxus.

7. mike12328

mike12328 Junior Member

There is a guy I found in Avon also that has a company called "The Salt Connection." He was a little bit cheaper then Kurtz on the per ton price and also bagged salt if you have any use for that. I found his card up at Judco in Elyria when we were having some service work done on our plows. Nice thing about this guy was that he is 24 hrs when it snows. Bad thing about this guy he doesn't do terms, only cash, check, or credit card.

8. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

I know who you are talking about, and not to bash the guy but I tried several times last year to get a hold of him and couldn't. Never returned my calls.

I have the Community (Mercy) hospital account and there has been a couple of times their supplier ran short on salt. One year that had to have salt shipped for the Bahamas.

They get salt delivered by semi's and pay us to put it down.

Good Luck this year!!

Doug