1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for Bulk Rock Salt, Lansing, MI

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Commercial, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Commercial

Commercial Junior Member

We may need some bulk salt (100-300ton) by February, but can take sooner if needed. Please advise, thanks. 517-485-9417
  2. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Call Andy at Michigan Salt..Tell him Kimber referred you to him. 248-431-2784. If he can't help you, call me. I have salt in Northeast Ohio. 216-904-6538.
  3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I here michigan salt has a wait list now for "when" they get loads

GETSALT Junior Member

Try Webers in Ferndale or Hersch in Oak Park
  5. michigan salt

michigan salt Member

We have salt, but our program has changed a bit.We have a few suppliers giving us salt, but with the amount of orders we our doing our best to fill orders quickly. Due to the cold weather, trucks have had problems starting lately and getting loaded, which has caused us to be backed up a few days. I've been working around the clock to keep the trucks moving. My advice is to get your order in, and we will keep working hard on this issue, I promise you that.

Andy L.
    Michigan Salt
  6. Salisbury1975

Salisbury1975 Junior Member
    from Detroit

try wolverine rental in ann arbor. someone told me they have plenty
  7. Vicen

Vicen Junior Member
    from PA

Bulk Salt in PA

Call Victor "the ice man" in PA. They have plenty of good rock salt left. Even with frieght from PA to MI the price is still competative. 610-497-9390.
  8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I just got some rock salt from Chemical Equipment. The salt is a bit on the brown side and slightly finer than most rock salt, but the price was good, and it works well.
  9. Vicen

Vicen Junior Member
    from PA

2 Grades of Salt

That's correct we have a brown salt with higher percentage of fines that is priced to move. We also have "white" salt with a nice uniform size of salt crystals. :rolleyes:
  10. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Do you or can you provide gradation reports on both salts?
  11. Bonk Brothers

Bonk Brothers Junior Member

We have bulk salt. Pick up in toledo 140, and in howell 150 Bonk Brothers 517 548 1543.
  12. leon

leon Senior Member

salt etc.

Call Windsor Salt in Windsor, Ontario they are wholly owned by Morton Salt also who also owns Canadian Rock Salt.
  13. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Any time ive called them or Canadian they always tell me i have to call Mortons in the US