1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking for best quality push spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by goodlivin33, Dec 17, 2012.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

i need some advice on salt spreader "push type" for walks ect

2. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Sidewalk spreaders

We use two different SnowEx spreaders. The SP-85 which is a broadcast spreader as well as a Drop Spreader. They both work very well and have had many tons of material ran through them.

3. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

Spyker makes some of the best I've always thought. Plus they have one large gate instead of a few holes.

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Sp-85 is my choice, favorite out of all I have tried. Third year on mine now. But third time in the last week I answered the same question. Is the search broken?

5. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

Sorry I didn't use the search mode I don't really know how to. Do you just type ur question in the search bar? Or prolly just key words. I will use that in the future thanks for the replays. Btw does the sp85 drop and broadcast with the same spreader? Thanks

6. terrapro

from MI

Sp-85 is a broadcast, I have also spread around 2ton of fert out of it in a pinch.

Yes just type in something in the search function on this page and you should hit your mark.

7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

These are great but not cheap. Has grease nipples on the bearings inflatable tires and multiple application settings.

image.jpg

8. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Here's the thing, the epoke I tried to find in the states was not found. I emailed epokena rep no reply. Probably shipping is so much they know it just is not going to happen. I'd like one. I have a spyker. Not set up for tough materials. broken now on bagged dry material. No chance it will do bulk treated salt.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Buy the one that just came up for sale for $450 in Michigan and have it shipped. They are $1100 brand new and I've never seen a used one for sale that cheap before.

10. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

JD Dave, is this CL or where was it listed? Thanks

11. terrapro

from MI

It's on this site. Sorry can't remember who.

12. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

Ok. thanks for the heads up. I just sent a PM to the member. Problem I see is shipping is a hassle on somthing like that. Could be half of what he's asking. Anyone looking within driving distance would be a good deal. we'll see what happens